Monday, June 30, 2008

Climbing Colten


It took forever to post this video, so I have had it as a draft for a long time. Finally finished it.

Two or three weeks ago I walked into the girls room and found Colten sitting on the top bunk. I was frustrated that the kids had put him up there and left the room. So I went and told the kids how dangerous that was, and that they shouldn't be putting Colten up there, ever. They assured me that they didn't do it and I walked away thinking they were little liars, until 10 minutes later when I couldn't find Colten again and went in search of him. Much to my surprise this is what I found. I think the part of the video where he acts like his foot is slipping is just a tease, because I have seen him climb that little ladder many times now and he is really quite proficient at it. Unfortunately, climbing has become his newest hobby. When ever I hear him "calling for help" (screaming), I know he has climbed up on something and can't get down. At least he hasn't discovered how fun jumping is. His latest climb landed him on top of the stove. He borrowed a nearby stool and scaled his way to sweet treasure. He had eyed a tub of cookies from down below. Aaron walked past only to find him devouring his hard earned treat. Colten was quite pleased with his successful quest. Too bad we didn't think to photograph that, I think we were too shocked to find him sitting on the stove.


No comments: