Friday, June 27, 2008

The Ranch

In April my friend Katie and I entered a contest for a stay at Rancho de la Osa guest ranch in Sasabe, AZ. We had both agreed to take each other if we won. Well....she won!! Of all the vacations we could have won, this one was the best. Both of us could hardly wait to go, so she booked a stay in June. It was hotter than heck, but we were the only ones crazy enough to be at the guest ranch and that more than made up for the weather.



The wranglers were great people and really catered to our desires. The let us run on the trails. They have over 170,000+ acres to ride on, so you never ride the same trail twice. All of our meals were included, so we were really able to relax.



This is the entrance to the ranch. Isn't it pretty?





This is the building were our suites were located, they did a great job decorating, I thought it was very charming.




Aaron and I before our first ride, Aaron really enjoyed the trip inspite of the look on his face, and I was determined to help my farmers tan fade.




Ready, set, go!


Aaron favorite horse, Brando, he was a morgan, shire cross and by far the best horse on the ranch. I wish they had given him to me, but they save the big horses for the big guys.




This was one of the many scenic vistas, we enjoyed.





Riding the range.




Here are your tax dollars at work, That is the new 8 mile border fence behind us. About 1/4 mile west of were our picture was taken it ends because the is the Indian Reservation. There is also a little watering hole on the other side of the fence with a herd of wild horses that hang out there. That was fun to see, there were several babies with them, but they were pretty thin.




Just another day on the range.




Katie and I after our last ride, we will definately be saving our pennies for a return visit. That was one of my most favorite vacations.

2 comments:

Cori said...

So fun to see all of your new posts! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on vacation!

Karine said...

What a perfect vacation. I would love to do something like that with my hubby. I am so glad you were able to get away with out the kiddies. I is nice to miss them every once in a while!
Take care girl,
Karine