Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two

Once again, I wrote first and then added pictures, so the story is below.


Let's finish that french toast and cupcake off with a candy necklace and balloon, more of Colten's favorites.


Look at the the fish!


Up and over!




Cute little toes!


Nothing like a mountain of sand to play on.




When it snowed a couple weeks ago Colten ran to the closet and put on his own hat and mitten and headed out for some fun.




My baby turned 2 yesterday... I love him so much.

He is so sweet and ornery, independent and dependent, a laugher and a crier, a mama's boy and daddy's little man, a lover and a fighter, oh so guilty and yet so innocent, my perfect baby boy.

We were blessed with gorgeous weather yesterday and I couldn't think of anything else that Colten loves more than sand and water, so we headed down to the river. We enjoyed a very relaxing time playing in the sand and the icy river water. When we got home, the neighbor had given him (and the rest of the kids) a "slip 'n slide." His style was more of a run and slip. That was worth a good 30 minutes of laughter. For dinner we had his favorite - french toast. After 2 1/2 pieces he fell asleep. We let him sleep for a little while and then had to wake him up because we were all anxious to share his cupcakes with him. Despite being half asleep, he was a good sport while we sang happy birthday and urged him to blow out his candles. I had to run off to a meeting and as usual, when I got home, he was still awake. He came running up with a "mama!" and a extraordinarily big bear hug. I could tell he knew it was a special day for him. I asked him if he had a happy birthday and he earnestly nodded yes! It was a good day!

3 comments:

crazy8cows said...

Happy Birthday BIG boy! I can't believe how fast time goes. He sure is a cutie!!!! We love you.
The Crazy8cows

Me, Myself and I said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!!! The pictures are PRICELESS and capture PERFECTLY what a BOY he is!! SO CUTE!!!

Holli said...

Those are cute pictures! Looks like he had a great day!