Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grandpa's Party

Grandpa turned 90 this year and had a big celebration. We were able to drive down for the party and had a great time. Grandma threw a great party, there was a jumper for the kids, good food, Aunt Kym gave all the kids horse rides, and it was a beautiful sunny day. Grandpa is so much fun to be around. He tells great stories, gives great hugs, cracks funny jokes, and in general just makes you feel plain old good. I selfishly hope he lives for another 10 years.

Anna had just kissed grandpa and got a little embarressed afterwards.


It took quite a while to pull out those ninety candles and even longer to light them.


The morning after the party, we took some pictures, I like how relaxed everyone was in this one.





Grandpa getting ready to blow out the candles. Good thing he had a bunch of great -grandkids standing around to help. (No way I was having a piece of that cake.)


Cody getting some Grandpa lovin'.


Chance thoroughly enjoying his ride.


Colten had no fear, he was quite happy to get up in that saddle....That's my boy! Kym must have walked in circles for at least two hours giving the kids rides. Thanks Kym!





I love these two guys.


Cait doing her best to follow Kym's instructions.


An airplane flew by while Colten was visiting with Summer. I can't believe that horse is almost 30 years old. I suppose that is the beauty of Arabians.


2 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Darling pictures! Looks like an AMAZING trip! Grandparents ROCK! It's all about the love!

Holli said...

Those are good pictures.