Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Huh?

Cody:
Yesterday as we were pulling into a store parking lot, Cody says to Aaron and I, "Mom and Dad can we adopt an 'african brother', I hear they are a lot of fun. My friend Capri from school is getting one." Aaron and I busted up laughing, it was like she was talking about a new toy or something. Cody has never ceased to amaze us with the things that leave her mouth.

Anna:
Last Thursday Aaron and I were cleaning up dinner and heard a loud gulping noise. I didn't think much about it, but Aaron looked over and saw Anna staring up at him with wide eyes. She looked like she had seen a ghost and he started questioning her as to what happened. She told him that she had swallowed a penny. I started questioning her at this point and found out that she had actually swallowed a quarter! Aaron was wigging out a little bit and went to get some answers online. I decided that since she was breathing perfectly fine, we didn't need to take her into the ER, that there wasn't much they could or would do at this point. (I hate taking my kids in only to find out that there is nothing they can do.) So we started watching every bathroom trip, but still haven't seen the illusive quarter. I have to admit, that we are not looking all that well, but I am still leary and keep hoping that she doesn't end up with some crazy blockage. Ugh!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Holy smokes. I am surprised that she wasn't choking! A quarter is big for a little one. you should tell her when she finds the quarter she can keep it!

crazy8cows said...

I always love Cody's comments. I think you guys should go for it!!
Ha ha