Friday, August 21, 2009

Franklin Falls

My friend Caroline and I packed up the kids and headed out to Franklin Falls today. Of course it was beautiful and of course I left my camera at home. It was a great hike for kids and the reward at the end was great. I had Colten in my little hiking backpack and he kept leaning over the side so he could get a better look at the river as we hiked along it. "Look Mom!, awfthom (awesome), fish! fish! Look Mom!" was what I heard from him over and over! He loved it. Chance and his friend Nathan had a great time crawling all over the rocks in the river, exploring, and in general just being boys. These two are really cute to watch. I'm glad Chance has Nathan for a friend, he is a good kid. When Nathan is over at our house it is so much more peaceful, because Chance is not bugging the girls. Cait and Cody loved the water. Cait wanted to go swimming in the pool under the water fall, but her mother was too paranoid to let her (good thing I didn't have that mother growing up!). Cait is becoming pretty adventurous and I am not sure I am ready for it. Cody loved the smaller pools of water and was very content to sit and soak. Anna got in the water a little bit, but enjoyed soaking up the sun and snacking with Savana more than anything else. Colten was all over the place, trying to keep up with the big boys. I wished I would have wore my swimsuit, but just being there watching the kids play, hearing the water, feeling the mist from the waterfall, having good company was more than enough. I am still amazed by all of God's creations.

I will post pictures when I borrow some from Caroline who was smart enough to pack her camera. I can't wait to take Aaron there!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

All of the sudden, your children look so old! I can't believe how mature Caitlyn looks. It sounds like you guys are enjoying all that Washington has to offer. Tell those cute kids that we say "hello"!