Friday, August 7, 2009

This post is very messy. It resembles what my brain feels like most of the day. Flashes of this and that. I really blog for myself, because I know how quickly things fade for me. Read at your own risk!


Anna has started doing her own hair lately. She loves to do hair. Anyones hair. When her friend Savana was over, she did Savana's hair over and over. Good thing Savana is a good sport.


Chance and and Nathan. These two get along really well. We like having Nathan come over. Then Chance isn't bothering the girls so much. They thought they were pretty cool with their sticker costumes. Do you like Chance's goatee. (not sure how to spell that one.)


Some of the kids watching the horse show while Caroline and I picked berries.






This one's for you Misty.


Having fun with cousins.

More fun.


Cait and Cody after they got their haircut. Such cute girls!


Colten's face was red all day long and he must have drank gallons and gallons of water, but he never wanted to come in.


Caroline would put the berries in and her baby would take them out.


Buddies, Anna and Savana, and Chance and Nathan after picking berries.


Bud sitting on Aaron's lap while he's driving!! That has to be against the law. Bud doesn't seem to care about laws though. We he decided to get up, he crawled over Aaron's head and onto Colten's lap.


Sitting between Anna and Colten.


Naptime. I guess just thinking about Aaron driving to California wore Grandpa out too.

After 2 months of no work for Aaron, he finally has work again! I must say it was pretty fun having him at home. It felt kinda lonely without him those first couple days. We managed to find fun stuff to do though. My friend Caroline and her kids came with us to go pick berries. We went to Carnation and it was one of the prettiest places I've seen. The kids had a great time playing together and I find berry picking very relaxing and enjoyable and having good conversation made it even better. The berries were so sweet and delicious. What could make the day any better? Well at the blueberry farm, they were having a horse show. So you know me, I was in heaven. The sun was shining, the blueberries were easy picking, the kids were happy and there were horses everywhere. I'm pretty sure that was close to heaven on earth. On our way home Caroline wanted to stop by a little burger place she had spotted on our way there. There sign read, "we specialize in grease, salt, sugar and caffiene." It sounded like my kind of place so I was in. The french fries were delicious! I really wanted to try one of their shakes, but there was no way I was paying $4.00 for a small shake.

We also made a mad dash to California for Aaron to take care of some stuff he had started for Grandma and Grandpa before he went back to work. I'm always amazed at how well the kids travel for 18 hours straight in the car. This time we had Bud with us too. That dog kept thinking it was okay to sit on my lap and everyone elses while we were driving. Needless to say at the end of the drive I felt oh so dirty. Visiting Grandma and Grandpa and Kym is always enjoyable, the kids love helping Kym with all the animals, Aaron loves hanging out with Grandpa, and it's fun for me to visit with all of them and be away from home. This time we were so close to AZ that I couldn't avoid the temptation and the kids and I stole away to tucson for a couple of days. It was so good to see my Mom and Dad and DD, Misty and kids and LD and kids. The heat wasn't as bad I thought is was going to be. It was 110 degrees both days and it certainly didn't stop the kids from playing outside all day. I wanted to see so many other people, but couldn't let myself steal away time from my family.

Cody had her adnoids removed this week and tubes put back in her ears. She was such a little trooper. After the surgery, it took her forever to wake up. She would open her little eyes and start to cry because she was so tired, so the nurse would tell her to go back to sleep. I think it was close to 2 hours later that we finally left the surgery center. Cody does love her sleep, that was what I worried about the most with the whole surgery, was putting her under. Everything went just fine though and other than a stuffy feeling nose Cody is doing well.

No comments: